I pulled this set together after doing some research around the web on what to bring to bloggers conferences (there's not really alot). I myself will be attending my first, The Texas Style Council Conference being held March 11th-13th. So without further ado, the list:
- Your Laptop, Ipad, Iphone, whatever your going to use to keep connected to your readers during your conference. They want to know want your doing.
- Bring a fully charged camera, ready to grab shots of all the inspiration to share.
- Comfortable Shoes. Your going to be walking and standing around networking right?
- Business cards to pass out to all you meet for potential readers or connections.
- A notebook and pen/pencil to take notes from all the wisdom your lovely speakers will be sharing with you.
- A planner in case you need to do some on the spot schedule checking. "Can you guest post on these dates?"
- Your trusty watch so you will be sure to be on time and not miss a moment!
- A scarf or hair tie in case you need to pull your hair back. (This is just me being weird. I like to pull my hair back when I'm really getting into something (studying, taking notes, eating cupcakes).
- Make sure you pack your glasses or contacts(if needed, or if not, I love a good geek chic look) to see all that you can see!
- I like to keep a lotion and a water in my bag to stay hydrated in every way.
- I read of alot of people who suggested the possibility of bringing something for your fellow attendees. Some suggested key chains, pens, or Postcards with your blog name. I'm still thinking on this one. I'll let ya know what I come up with.
- A collection of questions. Your chance to get answers.
- A knowledge of the attendee and speakers blogs and or expertise.
- Your smile! This is your best networking tool. Be your self.
- Your style! No need to go out and buy anything new. Shop your closet for something you will be comfortable in and will make a good 1st impression.
- And finally... An eager ear to listen and learn!
PS. If you have anything to add to the list please let me know.
PSS. I you would like to follow me thru my blogger experience follow me on twitter @MaybeThisDoor